On submitting articles to the Main Content
THE JOURNAL OF THE WESTERN MYSTERY TRADITION, published equinoctially,
devotes each issue to one particular facet of the W.M.T.. The
Content Editor welcomes contributions in the form of Articles
which discuss the chosen topic for a given issue.
A Writer wishing to see his work published in the JOURNAL should
observe the following points:
- The JOURNAL is purely a Voluntary venture. No-one is getting
paid for their trouble, least of all the Editors!
- Articles should be written in a "scholarly" manner. That
is to say, all quotes should be referenced; footnotes should
be used where appropriate, and a full Bibliography included
at the end. Personal opinion should be properly justified with
argument. Subjectively observed material should be treated with
the same kind of integrity with which a scientist treats data
from his own experiments.
- The language of the JOURNAL is English; the Writing Style
should be such as would receive an "A" from a High School English
- To submit an article, first contact the Contents Editor with
a detailed proposal for your piece. The Contents Editor will
approve of your proposal, so long as he is satisfied that: it
fits with the theme of the Issue in which it is intended to
be published; it is consistent with the editorial direction
of the Journal; and will generally fufill the standards expected.
- Articles should be a minimum of 5000 words in length: 10000
is long but acceptable; but 15000 words or more is probably
- The envisaged reader profile has been defined as follows:
The target audience should be those who practice magick: 18+,
literate, high school graduates.
Familiar with Judaeo/Christian/Muslim deity but not necessarily
of any particular religion. Has some kind of belief in "the Divine".
- Write using a 12pt font (preferably Times New Roman) and
double-spaced lines. Full details of our preferred formatting
(referred to as "APA style") can be found at: http://www.uwsp.edu/psych/apa4b.htm
- The Editors will only accept files that can be read by Word
97 - preferably .doc files, though WordPerfect 6.0 (and later)
files, and .rtf files are acceptable.
- All documents sent between Contributors and Editors must
be ZIPped (e.g using Winzip 7.0).
- Please carefully observe the Deadlines. First Drafts should
be ready and submitted to the Copy Editor by February 1st in
the case of the Spring Issue, and August 1st for the Autumn
Issue. The final NE PLUS ULTRA Deadline for publication is 1
month before the Equinox in question.
- Finally, it is intended that THE JOURNAL OF THE WESTERN MYSTERY
TRADITION should be as reliable a Journal as Academic Journals
are to University staff and students. It has been suggested
that the "Golden Dawn Journal" series is a standard by which
to compare our journal, though of course we do not limit ourselves
to Golden Dawn magic.
To conclude, see our main page http://www.jwmt.org
- as this contains details on the themes of future editions. Please
make all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject "Main Content Editor".
Main Content Editor